Position available: Teaching Principal
Are you an educator, with leadership experience, who is focussed on growth and longs to practice your profession within a Christian worldview?
Would it inspire you lead a closely-knit team of educators to impact a generation through a Distance Education school, providing Christian worldview education to students all over Queensland? This might be the role for you.
Operating since 2018, Redwood College is a small distance education school (50+ students) based in Burpengary that provides quality, Christian, education; raising up the next generation to understand their purpose, be kind and caring to others and be equipped and educated to fulfil their God-ordained role in life.
About the role
This is the senior operational leadership role at the school, managing day to day operations and providing oversight of staff and student management, curriculum, administrative and pastoral oversight to our P-12 School. As we are a small school, the principal carries a small teaching load and along with our Primary and Secondary School Coordinators provides pedagogical, curriculum, student management, and pastoral support to staff. This is a management role with a growth and compliance focus and is supported by the Redwood Subcommittee and Board.
A key requirement of the role will be to maintain and build on the established culture and the spiritual, educational and pedagogical frameworks the previous principal has established as well as to engage with the Subcommittee to accomplish the strategic objectives of the wider ministry including the establishment of a day school campus.
Applicants who have experience in school leadership (middle or top management) and are looking for an opportunity to broaden their experience in school leadership are encouraged to apply. We would also consider experienced principals who are looking for a short term (6mth) contract.
About the applicant
- A sense of adventure and a missional heart to take up the challenge of growing our school.
- An inspirational educator, outstanding role model, committed, driven and able to lead in challenging environments.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in managing, leading and inspiring a team.
- Capacity to challenge and lead a faith based school community and align its teaching, operations and pastoral care with this strategic intent.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of current and emerging technologies as enablers for contemporary learning and teaching.
- A capacity to bring a strategic, creative, and innovative perspective to organisational leadership in the College and to achieve responsibilities and goals in an efficient and timely manner with due regard to the budgetary and resourcing context.
- An exceptional standard of interpersonal communication skills and emotional intelligence, enabling the proactive engagement with board, parents, students, external stakeholders, and regulatory bodies.
- An exceptional standard of personal and professional integrity, demeanour, and presentation, that reflects and promotes the biblical worldview of the College, the seniority of this position and the standing of the College.
- Personal commitment to Christian values and lifestyle.
- Ability to track and report on whole school progress and agreed KPI’s.
- Hold current Queensland College of Teachers registration.
- Be eligible to work in Australia.
- Experience in implementing the Australian curriculum.
A description of your faith journey and supporting verbal/written reference from a pastor or minister will be requested as part of the application process.
How to apply
Please ensure you include:
- Cover letter addressing the role requirements.
- Evidence of registration or eligibility for registration with the Queensland College of Teachers.
- A brief Statement of Faith.
- Reference contact details including one from a pastor or church leader.
All applications will be treated confidentially and we will not contact your referees prior to requesting permission from you.
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Closing date: Friday 13th January 2023.